Friday night was amazing.
Rachel is an amazing party planner/hostess/friend, and so duh, Friday night was amazing.
I decided that though I am a shy wall flower type at heart I would strike up conversation with women I didn't know, after all, blog sugar was about mingling with other bloggers. I ended up sitting at a table with 4 other ladies who were all different, all interesting, all sweeter than pie, and different from each other. And hearing their stories was my favorite part of the evening.
Well, lo and behold, when it came time for Rachel to pass out all her collected goodies, all from other bloggers, I won!! I was the giddy recipient of an uber cute canvas bag (which I used for the Sunday School goodies this morning) , an adorable necklace (That I have already worn, twice) and a photo shoot, with get this, one of the women I sat by. Sorta serendipitous if you ask me.
Oh yeah, and because having a fun party with fun conversations, yummy food, and prizes to win wasn't nrealy good enough, we got to take home a beautiful handmade broach, and a yummy blog sugar lollipop.
It was a wonderful experience, and I am so thankful for my friend Rachel's vision on bringing all of us together. I'd go again, in a heartbeat!
And as soon as we get our family photos taken (www.Mshantiphoto.com, I'll post them for you to see too!
Again, so bummed! But little man has been so sick, which meant so was I! :(
ReplyDeleteWish I could have met you. I went to the first Blog Sugar but wasn't feeling well on Friday so I didn't attend the 2nd one. Congrats on your win! It's always fun to get prizes! We'll have to look for each other around town.
ReplyDeleteI found you through my good friend, Nancy, at thegoatandthekid. Have a great day!