Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Daddy went roller skating. He said WEEEE"

That's Chloe's synopsis of our family day last Saturday.
We decided to take the kids roller skating. Serena had been skating a few times, I used to go there all the time back in the day, Brian was into roller hockey and quite a fast skater, and well Chloe is Chloe and is adventurous at heart. Sounded perfect.

We got there and Chloe insisted that I get her skates on fast and then she kept trying to drag me onto the rink. Who cares about getting my own skates on, she was ready! Brian and I had to split up the kids, after all holding up two wobbly legged kids is no easy feat, especially when you are on wheels yourself. I wanted to take off and go fast like I used to, but my kids had other ideas. When I finally got the chance to make a fast break, I realized I am no longer 18, and not as sure footed as I used to be. BUT I did pretty well considering the last time I skated was a decade prior. Brian was still a natural, but athletics are his thing, and I was not suprised...in the least bit.


After about 30 minutes of skating, Chloe was done with a capital D, and Serena followed shortly there after. Even though we paid for 3 hours, and only were there about 1 hour, we still had a great time.




Here are the pictures to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment