Saturday, October 24, 2009

This is the Day, that the Lord has made

I had such an amazing day.

We started with rushing off to get to my nephew's soccer game, which was awesome. I loved watching my little man run around, calling "over here!" to his team-mates, and even scoring a goal!

We then went to the pumpkin patch with my Sister in Law, Brother in Law, and 2 of my nephews. The kids ran around and played, and enjoyed each others company.

The game was in Norco, so I told Serena she could bring one of her news books for the long car ride. ( We bought her a 3 pack of Junie B. First Grader books at her school's book fair this week, and I told her that when she finished all 3 we'd take her to Chuck E Cheese). It's a beginners chapter book, so it still has some pictures, but it is a lot of writing. She loves them. She read quietly to herself in the car ride there and the car ride home and then announced as we neared home "I'm done." Yeah she finished a chapter book in the car. That's my girl.

We then went on a hunt for a Halloween costume for Brian, going all over town. After finally having found a costume, we were starving for lunch, and headed to Burger King. We asked the girls what they wanted, then Chloe proceeded to give us pretend chicken. She gave some to me and I ate it, she gave some to Brian and he ate it. Well, Serena decided to take some of this pretend chicken out of Chloe's hand, and Chloe BURST into tears, "See-yah took my chicken!" Did I mention it was pretend, and non-existent? So what are Chloe's loving and thoughtful parents doing...laughing. Who cries over PRETEND chicken?? So then we say, jokingly "Geez Serena, give her the chicken back!" Serena puts the pretend chicken (i.e AIR) back into Chloe's hand and she then cries louder "That's not my chicken!". So now I am hysterically laughing and unable to keep it from Chloe seeing me. I can't help it. She is literally crying over air.

After we finish lunch, we get home, settle down, Brian gets ready to go to a poker game, and I look for Serena's old Minnie Mouse costume to use for Chloe's Halloween costume. I pulled out the bags and had a good cry over Serena's size 3 clothes, which I completely remember her having, and wearing, and where she wore them too. She's 7 1/2, and I still remember every single size 3t outfit, and how she looked in it. I think I have a problem, especially when I cry over it. But sigh, she keeps growing, even with how excited I was over her finishing a chapter book in the car, I still cried over her not being 3 anymore.

But, it was a good day, tears and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment