Friday, December 25, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I tried to write a post about my kids Christmas pageant a few weeks back, but it didn't publish, and I just figured this out, like now. It was too wonderful not to write about it, while it is still fresh in my mind, so here I am...finally.

Thank you kids of Shore Life church. Thank you for reminding me of the joy that comes from knowing that a baby in a manger was born just for me. Thank you for making me laugh by trying out out sing your cousin. Thank you for showing me that if children can get up on stage and preach the Good news than so can I. Thank you for the utter joy of watching you. Thank you for the smiles, the laughs and the tears.

Thank you Serena for sharing the word of God with a room full of people. Thank you for pushing past your nerves to shine for Jesus. Thank you, that as I watched you, I was filled with joy (and sadness) at how much you have grown. Thank you for being the most itty bitty cow ever in 2005, and a radiant angel in 2009. Thank you for being the best reason I have ever had to be the woman God made me to be. Thank you for being an everyday example of God's grace in my life. Thank you for bringing peace into our family. Thank you for being my daughter, and always forgiving my shortcomings as your mom.

Thank you Chloe for being a brave little dove, while keeping it gangsta with the backwards hat. Thank you for standing there as an innocent child with your finger in your mouth and a glimmer in your eye. Thank you for the joy you bring by just being you. As I watched you, I saw your sister 4 years ago, just as tiny, but so different. Thank you for being an instrument of God, to teach me to be patient, and flexible, and joyous. Thank you for matching the meaning of you name, and always blooming. Thank you for being born to me.

Thank you Jesus for doing such an absurd act as giving up your rights, being born in a humiliating way, and dying in complete shame, because you love me. Thank you for all the Christmas activities that remind me of you, and help me see you in the ones that don't. Help me to be as joyous as a child as I ponder your birth. Thank you for the blessings, and thank you for the troubles that hurt, but brought me closer to you. Thank you, that to you, I was worth redeeming; no matter the cost. Thank you for sharing your love through a cradle and a cross.

If only this season would last a bit longer....

1 comment: