




8 years ago today I was blessed with a child I didn't deserve. I met God's grace personified in the little bundle in my arms.
Nothing went how I planned, and everything was surreal and overwhelming, but every second was worth it.
Serena you have blessed my life with your presence. I wouldn't be the woman I am now if I had never become your mother. I was young and unsure, but you gave me the best reason ever to mature, and grow and change. You gave me the drive to be better. I looked at your tiny little face, on your tiny little body, and I knew you depended completely on me for everything; and I knew you deserved more than I could ever give, but that I better strive to give it to you anyway.
You are an amazing little spirit; I often wonder how a heart so big fits in a body so small. You love people, and talking, and sharing your life with your loved ones. You are a good friend, and even when life is hard, you have a great outlook on it. Your intelligence amazes me, and I love to hear the way you think. Someday the world will get to see and hear what I am blessed with everyday. You are an amazing story teller; a gift you got from your dad. I could watch you tell a story on mute, and it would still be captivating. You make the best faces I have ever seen, and bring such animation and life to all that you say.
I love to watch you grow in your love of God, and am amazed at the heart you have for Jesus. You pray for everyone in whom you sense any need, and you learn His word with joy and an ever growing faith. I know that God has amazing plans for you, and I wait with eager anticipation to see the woman you become.
With every passing birthday, with every passing year I am so happy to watch you grow, and yet I pine for you to stay my little girl forever. It was me and you when you were a baby and toddler; all day long while daddy worked so hard for us, it was just me and you. We would go on adventures together, and you would tell me stories, and beg for me to tell you over and over about how Daddy and I met, and the day you were born. I felt like we grew up together those first few years. Just me and you. Our family has grown since then, and seeing you be a big sister has been even better. Your sister looks up at you with a gleam in her eye that you surely deserve. For though you can push her buttons in world record time, you can also soothe her heart. I will forever have in my memory, fresh and crisp, the day your singing quieted your crying infant sister to sleep in the car, when nothing else worked.
Here you are, 8 years old and on the verge of a whole new world, tweens, and teens are creeping in faster than I imagined, and with all the unknowns, with all the worries, and concerns, one thing I know for sure: I love you more deeply with each passing day, and that will never change.
Happy birthday my angel Serena, I love you dearly.
Yaaaay Serena! So beautiful. You are an Amazing mother, my dear friend.
ReplyDelete