I penned...well typed this about a year ago, and as I strolled through my blog, reliving some memories, I read it and realized something. That post helped me see growth in my child I may not have noticed otherwise in such a clear way. You see Serena AGAIN tried out for Mary this year. And AGAIN she was nervous as can be about getting on stage, alone and reciting a line. But she did it. And she did it well. She was clear and loud and concise and I am beaming still while writing this, picturing that in my mind. Because reading that post brought a snapshot of my little girl fidgeting being too afraid to recite a line she knew by heart into my mind, as clear as day. And I get to see those two days side by side in my minds eye and see how she has grown physically and how she has starting growing into her own skin slowly but surely. You see, I know her to be dramatic and expressive, but a year ago that girl wasn't sure if she could be those things. And her nerves got the best of her. But this year that same little girl told those nerves to bug off and she stood up on stage and let her personality shine. And she is going to let that personality shine on Pageant night, not for herself, not for me or my family, but for her Lord. You see, she wasn't sure this year if she even wanted to be in the pageant. And me trying not to be a stage mom let her make the choice. We talked about it, and she said it's a lot of work. And I said I know it is, but you are sharing the Good News of Jesus with the whole audience, the pageant is your gift to God. Then she said I still don't know, so I fought back the urge to say "Well I said you're going to do it!" And instead opted for "Okay, think about what I said and let me know." So she did think about it and she decided that she wanted to do it, as a gift to her God, as a way to share Jesus' birth with the world. And she shone brightly at the auditions, and she will shine brightly at the pageant, because she shines for HIM, and through HIM.

No comments:
Post a Comment