All girls loves shoes. Even rough and tumble toyboyish ones.
Chloe has strange feet, I can't even tell you specifically whats strange about them, but basically they rule out buying cheap shoes at Wal-mart or Target. Not that palyess is pricey, but it's more expensive than walmart and target, especially for shoes that will be out grown or thrashed in a few short months.
So we went to payless today, happy to find a good selection that seemed to fit her well. Chloe was having a grand ole time trying the shoes on and prancing over to the mirror to look at herself.
Then after making our decision (flowered white sandals), we went to the car, to put away the box, cut off the tags and wear the new shoes into our next store. After we locked the car, I looked at her as we walked hand and hand and said "Wow, show me your new shoes!" And she started struting, hand on her hip showing off her fancy new shoes. She said " I a princess" and pranced all the way to the door. It was hilarious. It was a moment I hope my brain tucks away to recall in the years to come when she is too concerned with what others think to let her soul shine through.
A new pair of shoes made her day, and subsequently, mine too!
No comments:
Post a Comment