Well, today is the first day of Serena's summer vacay. We woke up and laid in bed watching cartoons, and now she is dancing around her room with Chloe happily in tow. I am really excited to have my girl home. I started to really miss her about May...and am glad to plan fun things for her.
I also plan to use this time to hone a few skills of hers. We'll be heading to the library to enter the summer reading program today, she is doing so well in reading I would absolutely HATE it if she regressed and had to start fresh in 2nd grade. Her handwriting is need of some serious TLC, not to mention punctuation, capitalization, and writing on the lines. I find this really funny. My perfectionist girl, who can't even look at her oopses when she is drawing and when she started writing, now is content to turn in the writing equivalent of pig slop. I need some creative ideas in which she needs to practice her writing skills, any ideas? I'm thinking of having her write letters to family members. I also plan to have her practice math and have a few science projects along the way as well. She wrote in an end of the year paper that she wants to learn about crystals. I was thinking of having her make rock candy. Whatever we decide, I plan to take lots of pictures of, and so you will be seeing those soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment