I decided it was time to get in better shape, so yesterday before I had a bite to eat I tried to find some kind of helpful tools online. I saw weight watchers was doing a free week on thier website, so I went to check it out, but to get the free trial you have to give a credit card and cancel before they start billing you...no thanks. I remembered hearing on the Discovery Health channel about a program they offer, so I googled it, checked it out and didn't really like it all that much. But when I googled the discovery health one I found a program on the Livestrong website. It's free, and it helps you log in what you eat and then calculates calories, fat, sodium, protein, etc etc. It asks height, weight, age, activity level and goal (gain, maintain, lose), gives you the amount of calories you should eat each day to accomplish this.
Yesterday was day 1 and I was ridiculously hungry (I apparently didn't have enough low cal stuff in my house....hmmm...maybe why I need this website??). I did 20 minutes of aerobics from a video I have and I was dripping it sweat but I did it. By the end of the night a good book saved me from overendulging. But then my hubby came home from softball and pizza with the guys smelling like SUPER YUMMY PIZZA. My tummy started rumbling, but I just went to bed.
Today I took Serena to school went for a long walk around my neighborhood, and came home to figure out my day. I'm doing good calorie wise but wishing I has tastier tid bits. I should have started this plan the same day I went grocery shopping to ensure a good variety of low cal options. But, I am still excited to be doing this, and looking forward to seeing the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment