Thursday, August 13, 2009

1 week + No facebook = we'll see

So as I was reading our Bible studies book "The Life You've Alway's Wanted" today I felt the tug of the Spirit. I have been so tired lately. I feel like I am being pulled in all different directions, and there is so much going on, and not very much do I feel like I can cut out. It's the begining of anxiety city. I feel like I'm "missing the forest for the trees". I think that's how the saying goes...anyway...I started to think, okay, what can I cut out?

I'm working on writing the curriculum for our church sunday school, and that entails a lot of research online, emails, meetings, writing, writing, writing. I can't cut that out, it's something God has given me to do. And honestly, I definately do not want to cut it out. I am so excited about what God will do through this to reach our kids that all the work is more than worth it. And I have a feeling that this will be the kind of venture in which the journey is just as important at the end product (Thank you "The Alchemist").

I'm part of the leadership for my Mom's group, and writing the curriculum for it, and again this is something I am not only doing for the kids, and for the Moms, but it is an offering to God. So again, no way am I cutting it.

Time with kids, obvious.

Time with my husband, obvious.

Bible Study, I can't go without it. I NEED the accountability with a Capital N. So that too will stay

Playdates, are great for me AND my kids, so those will stay (though maybe not so many)

Computer time (outside of my curriculum writing)...it's disposable. It's unimportant. It's sucking up my time. Is facebook evil? No, I love it. But it's like cheesecake, I need to indulge in moderation. (Is saying too much cheesecake blasphemy? Nope, ask my mom about the pumpkin cheesecake we ate one thanksgiving...you CAN have too much cheesecake). So I am going to try to go one week without facebook. I'll still look at blogs, and check my email...because those things don't suck me into wasting hours on end. But Facebook...soo long for now!

Now, let's see where this new endevour takes me!

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing and glad we are in the same Bible study!! See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete