
Oh my poor Chloe!
She was having an Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day by about 5pm tonight. She was spent and still had a few hours before bed. Needless to say a few meltdowns ensued. She, when upset, always calls for the person who she is not angry with, for example, when I punish her she calls for Daddy, and when he punishes her she calls for me.
Today she was mad at the world and the only person who could make it better was Pappa. She calls both my parents Pappa. They are apparently 1 entity. She was crying and calling for Pappa, so big sis asked her if she wanted to call Pappa. Chloe agreed. And by time we got the phone and dialed she had stopped crying.
Then Grandma answered, and the chin started to quiver. She said something I couldn't make out, followed by "I wanna go to you house!" I burst into laughter. Even at 2 1/2 she gets that grandma's house means lots of love and few "No's". When Chloe was finished I pick up the phone and my mom was laughing and finding it just as funny and endearing as I did.
In Alexander And The No Good, Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day he wants to go to Australia, but maybe Chloe has an even better idea; just go to Pappa's house!
That's just too cute! I love that your parents are "1 entity"
ReplyDeleteI used to love this book! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for following!