Okay now, to be fair I have never read the books
And I have heard that the books are fantastic.
But seriously, the movies are kinda, well sorta, CHEESY.
Unlike most vampire movies which are written by men and usually with a lot of T&A, this was written by a woman. So at first I thought, hey it might be interesting, but it has a watered down plot, and the moments where it is supposed to evoke strong emotions, it makes me want to laugh.
Vampires that sparkle? Seriously, bedazzled vampires?
Then the fact that Bella is devoid of all emotion, and completely self-centered and stupid, bugs me. WHat kind of heroin is that? The movies so far don't make me want to cheer for her happiness; quite the opposite.
And Edward, all he is is super sappy, constantly spouting off meanless "romantic" things, which are generic at best.
Honestly, the only character I kinda liked was Jacob, and you know he's not going to win, the sparkly sap oozing vampire will get the girl. In fact my money is on Jacob dying to protect her, while she still pines to be a vampire.
Note to all teenage girls going ga-ga over Edward: real love does not look like that, and if it did, you wouldn't want it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment