DING DING DING ROUND 3 of Kat V. STREP THROAT
Yeah 3 times in 2 months is not a good sign. In fact, my doctor had that look of "What's really wrong?" on his face as I explained the same symptoms once again.
So he is doing some blood tests on my immune system, but he said that's mostly to be thorough, if I had a problem with my immune system I would have something worse than strep throat most likely.
I am also being referred to an ENT because more than likely I will need my tonsils out. Yeah like a kid. Only I am 5 days from my 29th birthday. Seriously? So maybe my school friends can all make me cards and my mommy can give me my fill of ice cream for a few days, then the doctor can give me a lollipop as he sends me on my way.
Tonsillectomy, honestly? I went my entire childhood without strep or tonsillitis. Now at almost 30, I have to get them taken out. Comedy at it's finest ladies and gentlemen. I am seriously chuckling as I picture my kids caring for me as I get my tonsils out. Talk about role reversal.
So anyway, back to laying down and slurping down painful spoonful of soup after painful spoonful of soup. I just had to share the comedy of errors which is my throat right now.
awww, my friend! i am so sorry! that is the WORST! prayers of healing being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteKat, I am SOSO sorry about this.....seriously.
ReplyDeleteI need a Tonsilectomy (sp?) myself, and have for years....maybe we could do it together! Twinsies! Haha! I'm sorry doll!
ReplyDelete