Remember this post? I do, I was dancing all over the house as we gave up diapers. It was followed by weeks of bliss as Chloe woke to dry panties and peed a gallon in the potty every morning. Then she had a few accidents, which were no biggie, after all she's 3 and they happen. So we started cutting off liquids by 5, since she goes to bed at 6:30, and figured that would solve the problem, and it did, for a while. But then for the last 3 weeks she's had more accident filled nights then dry nights. And honestly I am sick and tired of waking up at 2 am to "Mommy I peed on my bed." Which means I have to get up and strip her down, wipe her off and either change her sheets or let her sleep on her little futon couch on my floor. The first few times I changed the sheets, but the last two weeks I was exhausted and tired of broken sleep every night so I left the sheets for the morning and set up her futon on my floor every night.
And yesterday I decided, forget it, she's going back to diapers. It's summer, I can't limit her intake of liquids anymore without being bad for her, and she obviously sleeps too soundly to wake up with the urge to pee. And I am tired of washing her sheets/blankets/pillow/blankie/ and teddy bear everyday. So last night we broke down and bought a pack of diapers. And I felt RELIEF. I let out a sigh as I laid down to sleep, certain this would end the problem.
Then at 5 am, I here the waddle waddle swish of a diaper clad butt running into my room "Mommy I have pee on my bed". WHAT??? I say "But you're wearing a diaper!" And yes, she was wearing a diaper, that was filled to the brim with pee and had overflowed onto her bed.
Life is funny. It's practically comical. I gotta laugh, cause otherwise carrying another load of stinky pee sheets down the stairs.....
No comments:
Post a Comment