So today I am counting my blessings. The weather is one of them, the fact it is almost 9 am and still cloudy and chilly, is anyone else saying Hallelujah to that????????
Last night I was Facebooking back and forth with my friend Rachel about our daughters; 2 peas in a pod. And I was filled with gratefulness for the gift of my child's friends. Chloe has been raised quite a bit in Shore life. Not just that we go there, but she is always with me, and OFTEN there, at church, for something. She comes with me to Moms, to set up for Moms, to work on the bulletin boards, to some of the Kid's zones, to Bible Study, and of course Sunday Morning services. She has become part of a community of kids who's moms are also always there, for the same events with me. She already has SO many friends. And not just any friends, friends I am hoping she keeps as she grows. I know their parents, I respect their parents, and I won't have to worry about what she'd be exposed to at their house. They will model true faith in Jesus, and she will see that it's not just her mom and dad that love Jesus.
Now, that's not to say that my Serena doesn't have fabulous friends at church; she does. But she didn't grow up AT church the way Chloe has. I didn't have a car, and didn't get to volunteer as much when she was a toddler, and we didn't even have a mom's group then. SO she is friends with fabulous kids, with fabulous parents; just not as in depth as Chloe's seems to be. I guess that should be my goal, to plug her in more with kids from church.
And as I was thinking about this, I realized one of the many reasons God created the church; so that we could raise our children together. What a blessing to have a village to help with my children! To know that if my child skinned a knee or got into some shenanigans out of my presence there are so many Moms, whom I deeply respect, who would step in without hesitation and help my child (even if it's helping them to the corner). Thank God for other Moms. Thank God for the other Moms in my circle at church. Thank God for the kids who will grow with my kids in stature as well as faith in the God that created and loves them!
If you are in Moms, or in my Bible study, or my friend at church, thank you. Thank you for being there for me and my kids!
Amen! Thank you, Kat, for being so devoted to all of those ministries. You are such a valuable asset! ♥
ReplyDelete