Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day one




Here we are, Chloe and I, home without Serena. It feels odd. Chloe, as we were on the long (Super sarcastic) walk home from school was already asking to go get Serena. We had seriously, left her side 1 minute prior.
Serena woke up at about 6:45, honestly much later than I had expected. She came down stairs and seemed not nearly as nervous as I had expected. She fell right into her super slow-mo getting ready for school mode; it was like seeing an old friend. Then as we got to school I could see her nervousness rise.
We stopped and prayed, and she seemed a bit more, well, Serene after that.
The friend she complained about ALL SUMMER LONG was not in her class, and she was bummed. "We're like sisters!" she said sadly, which I find hilarious.
A few girls from her girl scout troop were in her class, as well as a few kids from her first grade class. But, there were also quite a few kids that I didn't recognize, so I am sure she will come home with a new list of friends.
We ran into her first grade teacher (who, sigh, didn't move up to 2nd grade, BUT still has a job, so that is an answered prayer). I don't yet know if this teacher is a Christian, I mean I don't expect all her teachers to be, but last year was great.
Her teacher seems nice and very gentle, her name is Mrs. Fish.
I am now eagerly awaiting 2:19, to hear all about her first day!






No comments:

Post a Comment