My morning played out like some one's bad day on a sitcom. Honestly I was expecting the laugh track after each "really??REALLY???" event I had.
It was going to be a crazy morning, I already knew that, maybe that frazzled my brain a bit. I woke to thinking "Oh no! Did Brian remember to leave me the car keys?" So I ran downstairs in a panic to find that He did. Phew.
We left to take Serena to school, and I grabbed my keys, locked the door and left. I came back, and searched my key ring to find that Brian had left his house key with the car keys and had taken the house key off my ring. So I am standing outside my house, useless keys in hand, with a 2 year old in PANTIES... not a diaper... with no way to get in.
Awesome.
I don't even have a cell phone with me. So I think ok, I'll just break it. I peeled the screen off my bathroom window (Which took forever) and tried to jimmy the window open. It's the long skinny bathroom kind of window. So I push up and in and window falls OUT. It doesn't open, it falls out. Because of course a window would just fall out, right?????
Luckily it didn't shatter as it slammed onto my bathroom floor. Since it's a long skinny window (and I am neither of those things) I put Chloe through the window and told her to open the door for Mommy. ( Right about now I start to think, what if she freaks out and can't get it, or gets distracted by something else????) Luckily she learned to unlock the door months ago, so she opened it, crisis averted.
But now I had to BOOK IT to get everything ready to dash off to Bible study and then to the dentist for Chloe. I had to grab the carseat, plus all my normal junk. We're doing ok, we get to the car, I get the carseat and Chloe buckled in, but I notice an awful smell coming from my car. Lemonade had been left in the baking hot car for a few days apparently and it was RANCID. SO I pick it up, and then lean over my driver seat to dig into my bag to get my keys to open the dumpster, and the cup bursts open and spills sticky rancid smelling lemonade ALL OVER MY CAR. I am already running late. I am already having a crappy morning, and now I have a sticky stinky car. So I unbuckle Chloe (we park in the alley behind the apartment), run back into the house, grab a towel, say #%$! it and throw the towel down and drive off, in the sticky stinky car. I get to Bible study in pretty good time (I.E. I sped like a maniac down the freeway and streets).
It got better from there, a little calm time with God, a cup of coffee (Thank you Gina) and much better news from the dentist than I expected have improved my day. I'm hoping the lemonade was the last of the shananigans to happen to me today.
No more laugh track moments....please!
No comments:
Post a Comment