Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not so wild about Wilde



I don't think that I have previously read any of Oscar Wilde's books, could have back in my high school days, but not that I recall. Well, our book clubs pick this month was "The Picture of Dorian Gray" I read the back and it seemed like a fascinating story. I started with great delight, but really had to force myself to finish it simply so that I could talk about it at book club. To me it seemed as though he spent more time describing the flowers in the gardens and the books Dorian was reading than he ever did a single character. And the plot line, I feel, could have been amazing, but it was kind of skimmed over until the last 20 pages or so. Sigh. Maybe next month will fair better?




But I am loving (well technically loved, since I finished it tonight) my Bible Study's book "The Life You've Always Wanted". It sounds like a self-help thing...but is not at all like that. It is encouraging, and honest, and left feeling more equipped to do the tasks set before me by my savior.


1 comment:

  1. I don't have the time to read as much as I used to. I'm less likely to force myself to finish reading a book than I used to do.

    ReplyDelete