Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I got the ball rolling

Remember my post whining about the boredom with my house? (Aren't I awful for not simply being happy with what I got???) Well, I decided that I would do the cheapest thing I could do, and I got a 5 dollar bottle of glossy black paint and painted all my existing picture frames. They were all miss matched and different colors, stlyes, sizes and textures. Well now they are all those things, but all glossy black. I love it already even though they are drying, and thus not hung up. Project number 2, Brian's trophy shelf. I will be painting that too, can you guess what color? That's right glossy black.

But what I really would like to have are more shelves, maybe a bookcase, and as soon as we get our tax return, a dining room table.

We had a dining room table at our old apartment, but we also had a dining room. Here the kitchen and livingroom simply hit each other with no real dining space. So when we moved in we got rid of the table, and happily ate on tv trays for a few months. Then I started to miss the table (not that it would have fit anyway). BUT I have found some cute tables at IKea that fold down to really small when not in use, so that I could easily push them up against the wall during the day and open it up for dinner at night. I am fondly looking forard to buying it...very fondly.

I already feel the daydream coming on....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! We have a wood folding table that comes with 4 chairs, and it all folds up and the chairs go into the table...it's a bit scratched on the top, but with place mats or a table cloth, it looks lovely. Maybe you'd be able to use it? It's just sitting in our storage unit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it, accept I'd worry about the kid's damaging it =o(

    ReplyDelete