Thursday, September 30, 2010

Monster Spray

Chloe is so full of imagination these days, and I love it.  I love every second of it...well except for the 1:30 wake ups because there is a monster in Chloe's room. Imaginations are great and fun and full of entertainment in the middle of the day, in the middle of the night...well Chloe's scared and mommy is cranky. So it's a good thing I learned a fantastic tip from a parent magazine or book years ago.  Monster spray.  Best invention, er, fake invention ever.

You see big imaginations are able to imagine horrible monsters and believe that a magic spray will kill and banish them from any room.  So when Chloe mentioned monsters in her room, we made a call.  A call to daddy at work asking him to buy "monster spray".

He called (after listening to Chloe's message) and asked "What do you want me to buy??" So I explained he just needed to buy a spray, any spray, it could even be water.  We just had to tell Chloe that it was monster spray, and it kills monsters on contact and she'd believe it.

So hero daddy came home from work with apple Cinnamon scented monster spray, and he attacked all the monsters in the closet, and under the bed and vanquished the dreaded enemy, to the squealing delight of Chloe.  Now Chloe will gladly tell anyone how "There were monsters but Daddy killed them!" with a smile from ear to ear.

Yo...rescue dad ...coming to the rescue...al rescate! Rescue dad coming to the rescue!

2 comments:

  1. That's adorable. I love kid logic. That makes perfect sense to her, I'm sure! My niece had a hard time giving up her bottle so her mommy told her that the bottle fairy was coming to collect all the bottles because the little babies needed them and she's a big girl now. She got a present and was all set and perfectly happy to be bottle-free. Kid logic. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete