Monday, May 18, 2009

What a week

I am hopeful that I currently am on the upswing. Last week was awful.

It started with a call to poison control, see Windex entry. Happy Mothers day!

Then I started spring cleaning. I was so excited about it. I am, by nature, a pack rat. Ask my mom. It started early. I have a ridiculous memory for who gave me what and seeing the potential in EVERYTHING. I desire so much to be organized and make my house sleek and user friendly. So I went gung ho, head first into my house and threw out so much unnecessary stuff. It was awesome, and I was TIRED after 2 days of scrubbing and re-organizing, and throwing away. Then Serena got sick, like instantly Tuesday night, no warning. And Brian got injured in softball and I had to patch up his oozing knee when he got home....at midnight. Then Chloe decided to be awake and keep me up. By Wednesday I was frustrated. My cleaning/organizing got stunted SO close to completion, I got no sleep and had 1 very sick kiddo to take care of.

Every night after that was a blur of waking to take care of somebody. Never two at once, no, they tag teamed me. Then by Saturday night Chloe was sick as a dog, and she literally let me sleep 3 hours Saturday night. I felt drunk I was so tired. Last night I gave up and dragged her bed into my room, so that I would simply have to roll over to care for her. But 2 nights in a row. all night long, all I heard was "mommy, mommy, mommy, Binky, mommy, mommy, mommy." while crying. She was so out of it she's lose her Binky, her bear, her sippy cup, everything, every 1/2 hour or so and wake up confused and in a panic.

So today, I looked around, and all my work has been demolished. My dishes are piled up in the kitchen, laundry and toys are strewn across the living room. Beds are unmade, bedrooms are a rye. And I am so flustered, I don't even know where to re-begin.

I am hoping to sleep tonight. Chloe is in her own bed, in her own room and I am praying for rest, sweet, sweet rest. Honestly I have been up at the wee hours of night day-dreaming of naps, how awful is that?

Then tomorrow, back to cleaning my house, again....sigh. I am starting a new theory that all hoarders started with a week of sick kids...and oozing knee husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment