Sunday, May 10, 2009

Windex, a cure-all???

My daughter must have been influenced by my watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding over and over when she was in-utero. She decided this morning to spray Windex in her eye.

Last night Brian and I watched a movie, and to do so had to clean the hand prints off the TV. The Windex got left out, and Chloe found it. You can see where this goes.

So she's screaming, and I run, scoop her up and stick her eyes under the sink faucet. I found out how strong she was as she grabbed my hair and shirt and held on for dear life to keep me from doing it again. After I rinse it for a few minutes, I take her out to look at her eye. It looks red, but not bad. She tells us "eye" and "mouth". I'm thinking 1 spray is probably a teaspoon of liquid, if that, and if some got in her eye, then even less got into her mouth. I'm not worried, but Brian is. So we call poison control. They say, she may vomit, but it won't hurt her, it wasn't enough to do damage, BUT the eye needs to be rinsed out longer.

So we take their suggestion and stick her in the tub so that I could dump water on her eye for 15 minutes. The first 2 minutes she had fun playing "where's Chloe?" (the water would make it so she couldn't see, so it was like peek-a-boo). Than she was done with that. She fought me the rest of the time, screaming for daddy. It wasn't a fair fight, poor kid. With me constantly dumping water on her face she couldn't see enough to fight me full force.

After I let her go, she cuddled with Daddy for a while, since I was the evil mother dumping water on her.

What a morning. I am so diligent about putting things out of her reach. Child safety locks do NOTHING to stop her, so I have everything on a high shelf that I can barely reach inside my laundry room. Away from her reach and eye line as well. But, one simple oops, 1 dumb moment and we're lucky she wasn't seriously hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment