My dear husband is taking a well deserved r&r trip to spend time with God at Forest Home this weekend, so it's just me and my girls. Sometimes this is a fun time of bonding, others it's stressful and agitating. This day started as the stressful and agitating kind. Chloe kept me up last night, then she was whiny and clingy all day.
I went to my parents house for dinner, looking forward to time with family AND a distraction for Chloe. When I got there I saw new plants on the new planting work bench my dad made for my mom, and I admired how pretty they were. Then my dad said they were all for me. It was such a sweet gesture. It wasn't anything extravagant, but it was still overwhelming. This place is the first I have been able to have plants outside in my own backyard, and I have a total of 5 right now sitting back there. Now I have 5 more to add to it. Tomatoes, sweet basil, German thyme, rosemary and a mix of spring flowers. My parents love me...what more could I ask for, right?
Well my Heavenly Father loves me too, and He made sure I knew that today too. Serena started to have an asthma attack at my parents house, while we were there for dinner, and since she is unable to use an inhaler, I raced home to get the nebulizer and meds to bring back to her. And, as I speed off, I hit major traffic going to my house, so I prayed "God keep my baby safe until I get back." I rushed, rushed, rushed, got back as fast I could to find Serena eating dinner, not a cough or a wheeze. My parents said that she stopped coughing as soon as I left.
God is faithful. My parents are awesome. Chloe is asleep hopefully for a restful night. It's amazing how I find blessings everywhere, when I stop to look.
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
No comments:
Post a Comment