Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moms a plenty

I started doing this Bible study called " Living Beyond Yourself" By Beth Moore a few months back. I had done part of a study of hers before, and loved it. Well, loved/hated it to be honest. Loved it because God spoke to me. Hated it because God spoke to me. Both times He has used these studies to stretch me, far beyond what I wanted (maybe the title of this one should have given it away, but I am rather dense.)

Well, let's be honest, I did complete MOST of the homework, but not all of it. So, now in the time I devote to studying God's word (i.e. Chloe's nap time) I have been going back to complete it. I wish I could say it was solely because of my pious ways, but honestly, I am neurotic. Let's call a spade a spade. BUT, in the way He always does God has been speaking volumes through the bits and pieces of studies I "needed" to finish. He used me to minister to my mommy about Agape. AWESOME. He then reminded me of my many blessings in my church family in the study on Joy.
I am so excited to have Mom's tomorrow. I get to spend time in fellowship with amazing women who make me want to be better. What an amazing gift! Women who love me for where I am, yet help move me forward. It's a happy day. NOT because of anything new, but because of a reminder of something old. Shore Life has been a big chunk of my life. I started there at age 14, I am almost 28, so literally half my life has been there. Yet, it never seems old, I meet new people, get to be loved by old friends and develop new friendships all the time. My first day of Mom's I was expecting all the women to talk about how they have it all together and look down on me for what I am lacking. However, what I encountered was a group of women commiserating together over struggles, laughing over the idiosyncrasies of toddler hood and motherhood, and a sharing of ideas that energizes me to do my job better.

So forgive me if this post is abruptly ended, but I need my sleep for my great day tomorrow. Good night all!

1 comment: