My angel Serena was a tiny thing as a toddler. Really tiny, like 10th% for height and weight at around 21 months. Itty bitty. Her Dr. warned me that if she were to get sick that any weight lost would put her in the hospital, she had no pounds that she could afford to lose. We had her on Pedia Sure, we had her on a higher fat diet (well higher than what I wanted her to eat), she got her flu shots, all was well.
Then there started to be reports ALL over the news about how awful this particular flu season was, and kids all over the US were dying. I remember watching it horrified, and crying. Well, bawling, worried that my precious one would catch the flu and die, after all the Dr. made sure to warn me.
Well, my wise husband told me to stop watching the news, Serena wasn't going to die. So I stopped, and the fear subsided as the flu "epidemic" went away.
Here we are again, I have an itty bitty 2 year old, and now the Swine Flu is swirling around killing people. So I have decided to heed the wise words of my hubby from 5 years ago, and I am not watching the news, at all.
If my daughters are going to catch it, than they are going to catch it. Watching every news story about it will simply cause me to worry and cry over something, I honestly have little control over.
I will be diligent to wash hands, and keep them away from sick people. I will try to keep them as fit as fiddles. I will pray to my God. That's all I can do.
So here's my response to the panic,
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?"
Matthew 6:27
What a great post, Kathy!
ReplyDelete