Sunday, April 26, 2009

My weekend

I had such an amazing weekend! I was able to attend a conference focused (mostly) on training and equipping Sunday school teachers. I learned SO many things! I was able to attend 6 1/2 workshops as well as talk with other teachers I met there, and brainstorm with some teachers from my own church.

I received such a plethora of information that I seriously need to take time tomorrow to go through, and sort it out, because at the moment it is all swirling around in my brain. Luckily I took a lot of notes, so it should be a very fulfilling day tomorrow as I spend time with my Jesus planning how to use what I learned.

One of my favorite things I learned was about ending discipline on a positive note. The basics were 3 questions followed by a statement:

1. What did you do wrong? (Making sure that they confess with their mouth)
2. Why was it wrong? ( a chance to talk about the values behind the rules)
3. OK, so what can you differently next time? (Help them to make a plan to make the right choice next time)
4. OK, let's go do it!

In my future blogs I will go into more detail about it all, but my brain is way too sleepy for it yet! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment